We'd love for you to contribute a Plugin that provides a useful automated step for Codefresh.
The Codefresh Plugins project accepts contributions via GitHub pull requests. This document outlines the process to help get your contribution accepted.
This repository is used by Plugin developers for maintaining the official plugins for Codefresh.
- Fork this repository, develop and test your Plugin
- Choose the correct folder for your plugin based on the information in the Repository Structure section
- Ensure your Plugin follows the technical and documentation guidelines, described below
- Update Plugin Catalog
- Submit a pull request
NOTE: In order to make testing and merging of PRs easier, please submit changes to multiple plugins in separate PRs.
- The Plugin with all its dependencies should be packaged into a single Docker container
- The Plugin code must be available as public GitHub repository
- It should be possible to build the Plugin using single
Dockerfile(use multi-stage build if needed)
- The Plugin Docker Image should not have any major security vulnerabilities
- It should be possible to run the Plugin with simple
docker runcommand, providing all required environment variables and volumes
- Must include an in-depth
- Short description of the Plugin
- Customization: explaining all required variables and their defaults
- Must include a short
- Any relevant post/pre-installation information for the Plugin
- Instructions on how to access the application or service provided by the Plugin
A Codefresh Plugins maintainer will review the Plugin submission, and start a validation job in the CI to verify the technical requirements of the Plugin. A maintainer may add "LGTM" (Looks Good To Me) or an equivalent comment to indicate that a PR is acceptable. Any change requires at least one LGTM. No pull requests can be merged until at least one maintainer signs off with an LGTM.
Once the Plugin has been merged, the release job will automatically run in the CI to package and release the Plugin in the
gs://codefresh-plugins Google Storage bucket.
Whether you are a user or contributor, official support channels include:
- GitHub issues: https://github.com/codefresh-io/plugins/issues
- Slack: TBD
Before opening a new issue or submitting a new pull request, it's helpful to search the project - it's likely that another user has already reported the issue you're facing, or it's a known issue that we're already aware of.